Managing the long-term care needs of a loved one can be a confusing and stressful time for families, particularly when it comes to finding the right policy and accessing benefits. To make the experience as easy as possible for you and your family, L.D. O’Mire Financial Services is a leader in Long Term Care with over 20 years of experience in helping your family protect their assets for “Medicare Spend-Down”.uses realistic returns.
What Are the Chances You'll Need Long Term Care?
Consider these Facts:
- 2 out of 5 people of all ages will spend some time in a Long Term Care Facility.
- 7 out of every 10 couples reaching 65 can expect one partner to be confined in a nursing home.
- Chances of Long Term Care treatment increase dramatically as age increases.
- Nursing Facility Admissions have increased 40% since 1983.
Here are the Hard Facts:
- 98% Nursing Facility cost is NOT covered by Medicare. Medicare covers only “Skilled Care”.
- 99.5% of care received is either “intermediate” or “custodial” and is not covered by Medicare or Medicare Supplements.
- 99% of Nursing Facility cost is NOT covered by Major Medical Health Insurance.
- Most children are not financially able or qualified to provide the necesary level of care.
What is Long Term Care?
If you were to become ill or disabled, you might need “special assistance” with your daily activities. This “special assistance” may last a few weeks or months, or it may last for many years. Such “special assistance” is referred to as “Long Term Care”.
“I truly believe for a couple to have a Long Term Care policy is like writing a Love Letter to each other. You have been taking care of each other for many years and when that day comes that one of you is unable to take care of the other, it will be a blessing to have a billion dollar company to step in and help.”
~Leonard D. O’Mire